Today: Coconut butter milk cake
We at Ilmsens are a cake-loving people. Nothing beats a piece of cake with a cup of hot coffee or tea. We don't want to make you jealous. But we cannot and do not want to conceal the fact that of this and also the other cakes on our internal company menu only the cherished piece is left before noon. Therefore you will be able to follow our cake history on this blog in the future. As an added value for you, there is of course the recipe so that you can find out what Ilmsens tastes like.
1 cup buttermilk (500ml)
3 cups sugar
4 cups flour
1.5 pck. baking powder
1 bag of grated coconut (200g)
2 sachets vanilla sugar
1 cup of whipped cream (200g)
- Mix buttermilk, 2 cups sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder to a smooth dough.
- Mix coconut shavings, 1 cup sugar and vanilla sugar together
- Pour the dough onto the baking tray and add the coconut mixture.
- Bake the cake at 175°C (top/bottom heat) for 15-20 minutes.
- pour cold whipped cream over the still hot cake
A big thank you and praise to Anna for the baking and the recipe!