Today: The story of the broken elk aka nut cake
When Hans-Christian steps through the front door, his son welcomes him, totally shocked and upset. "The elk is broken," he said with a sad look. Totally confused, HC looks at his girlfriend who is standing in the kitchen to fix the mishap with a second baking attempt. Unfortunately, the cake Jonas helped with didn't make it out of the elk cake form. As the second cake got a lot of compliments from Ilmsens, the next day we got the remains of the elk on which we pounced like piranhas.
280 g icing sugar
1 vanilla sugar
250 g hazelnuts
125 g ground almonds (25 g more for large eggs)
If you want some grated dark chocolate
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 good pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Stir eggs and icing sugar until very foamy.
- Then stir in the vanilla sugar.
- Stir the nuts spoon by spoon into the dough so that the cake becomes especially fluffy.
- Then add baking powder and a good pinch of salt.
- Bake at about 170 °C on the middle shelf for 45 minutes.
- When the cake has cooled down, dust with a little icing sugar.